Premed 101 Forums

Number of Residency Spots by School and Speciality

Guest aimg1

Guest aimg1

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a listing of the number of residency spots each program has by specialty. I was searching for it on the carms website, but I couldn't find anything. I could only find a listing of the total number of residency spots in Canada for each specialty

Thanks in advance

aimg1

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Follow this link to the CaRMS website, and wait for the "Programs by University" box to appear on the upper left side of the screen. If you click that, it will provide a list of all the Canadian universities with hotlinks to each of the residency programs they offer. A partial sample list from the U. of Calgary is found below. If you click on a residency program, it will give you the number of spots available and past application statistics.

UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY

807011 — Anatomical Pathology

807012 — Anesthesia

807015 — Community Medicine

807017 — Diagnostic Radiology

807018 — Emergency Medicine

807020 — Family Medicine

807120 — Family Medicine - Rural

If you'd prefer to search by specialty, then click on the "Programs by Specialty" box, which will take you to a page listing each type of residency, as well as the list of hotlinks to the schools that host these residencies. Again, another sample list is shown below, for Dermatology:

DERMATOLOGY

352516 — McGill University

504016 — University of Toronto

756516 — University of Alberta

857516 — University of British Columbia

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived