Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Timing

jdr44

Hi guys,

How are you all?

If I start studying next week via Exam Krackers - is it plausible to assume I am going to be ready by August 10th/17th?

I work Monday to Friday full time as a Research Coordinator (work isn't stressful by any means) but I am recovering from a pretty serious snowboarding accident so I have a lot of free time after work :)

I have written 2 times before, ending with a 24 and have a real fear of this test and doing poorly AGAIN! I took a course the first time and don't think it is for me, so I will mainly study alone using the EK schedule. I think I will get a physics tudor as I really seem to struggle here.

I know my studying habits will change from the last times - I believe I concentrated more on memorization versus critical thinking.

Is this giving myself enough time? To much time?

I can't believe I am putting myself through this for a 3rd time ... hopefully its the last :)

Cheers!

Hmm 24 and you took a prep course? Have you completed any AAMC sample tests during your last two preps? MCAT is hardly about memorization and mainly quick critical thinking (the choice of adopting EK is wise as it promotes critical thinking).

Full time job and prepping for the MCAT is difficult.

Archived