Premed 101 Forums

EK 1001 Helpful?

ecobeco

I've been following SN2ed's schedule til now and I got to the days where it says to do the EK 1001 books which I have yet to buy. I we gonna order them online but read a few reviews that they weren't do helpful in that they don't resemble MCAT qsns...I wanted to see what you guys have to say and if you used them how helpful were they?

I've been following SN2ed's schedule til now and I got to the days where it says to do the EK 1001 books which I have yet to buy. I we gonna order them online but read a few reviews that they weren't do helpful in that they don't resemble MCAT qsns...I wanted to see what you guys have to say and if you used them how helpful were they?

I studied entirely from EK for all my subjects, except for VR (I used other aids). I used the 1001 book for physics and finished first 500 questions in a week, BUT soon realized that I was wasting my time. If you understand the concept of that chapter and know when to use which equation, then the 1001 is over kill. Yes, they do not resemble MCAT questions, but that's is not the intention. The intention of the 1001 books is to give you more problems to test your knowledge on specific chapters of the EK books.

The questions at the back of the book and between sections should be enough to gauge your understanding. The MCAT is not as difficult as the EK questions. It even warns you in the book by reminding you that the easy questions will not be asked and only the more challenging questions will be tested in EK.

And may I ask how you did? Yeah I would say the practice passages seems to be enough (using mainly TBR) so just undecided whether I would benefit in any way although have been getting a few rly low scores lately might just been due to lack of focus.

And may I ask how you did? Yeah I would say the practice passages seems to be enough (using mainly TBR) so just undecided whether I would benefit in any way although have been getting a few rly low scores lately might just been due to lack of focus.

I haven't written the MCAT. Will be in August.

I've done 2 AAMC exams so far.

PS/VR/BS

10/8/10 --> First time writing an aamc sample test

12/9/12 --> Already knew the feel of an aamc from the prior test so did better.

Haven't done another for about a month. Trying to perfect verbal.

Archived