Premed 101 Forums

General admission question

Hey guys, I'm interested in applying for PT/OT next year but I wanted to take some second year electives to boost my gpa. Does it matter how many senior level courses you take in your 4th year? Thanks a lot!

Nope, as long as you can complete your degree and the prerequisites, you can take whatever you want!

from u of t site:

Grade point average (GPA) will be calculated based on an applicant’s last 20 half courses of university academic study (i.e., the equivalent of 10 full courses) completed by December 31 of the application year, and will include summer, part-time, intersession, correspondence and failed university courses taken beyond the four-year undergraduate degree. 20 half courses is roughly equivalent to two years of full time study. Please note, due to the discrepancy in grade reporting across universities, in order to capture 20 half credits, the GPA must be calculated based on yearly versus term marks. Thus, where grades must be extracted from a year to achieve the equivalent of 20 half courses, the average of that entire year (including both the fall and winter terms) will be used. Practicum/activity-type courses and non-convertible grades (e.g., pass/fail) will not be included in this calculation.

Archived