Premed 101 Forums

please rank my case

Hi everyone

I appreciate any comment about my situation and the likelihood of getting any offer of admission.

I am a Transfer Student (a Medical school abroad...finished less than half of it)... Studied 1 year at uoft (3 Semester including summer)...

I am now a Fourth year life science student. GPA: 3.83 MCAT:30

do u see Any chances for canadian schoolsÉ how about american schoolsÉ

Thanks

Not sure on the policy of accepting people who had previously enrolled in medical schools. But your GPA is good. Assuming you have a 10 or higher in each section. You have a decent chance from mcmaster, Western (11 VR), queens, u of t (maybe). Your chances for american schools (low tiers) is also decent, provided you have a good extra curricular, LOR and apply early

Hi everyone

I appreciate any comment about my situation and the likelihood of getting any offer of admission.

I am a Transfer Student (a Medical school abroad...finished less than half of it)... Studied 1 year at uoft (3 Semester including summer)...

I am now a Fourth year life science student. GPA: 3.83 MCAT:30

do u see Any chances for canadian schoolsÉ how about american schoolsÉ

Thanks

Not sure on the policy of accepting people who had previously enrolled in medical schools. But your GPA is good. Assuming you have a 10 or higher in each section. You have a decent chance from mcmaster, Western (11 VR), queens, u of t (maybe). Your chances for american schools (low tiers) is also decent, provided you have a good extra curricular, LOR and apply early

As I said because I was not in Canada all my extra curriculums are from outside of Canada but they are strong... My MCAT breakdown was 12,6,12

Is just one year enough for schools to judge my applicationÉÉ

I dont know what that means..medical school abroad??you do need an undergrad degree

the can schools have abnormal requirments with some that dont even look at the mcat...maybe look at those

I mean Only can or us schools,

Only mcmaster and ottawa don't care about mcat but the thing is the gpa cut off for ottawa is 3.85 !!!

lol Welcome to 2012!!! It was long time ago when mcmaster didn't look at the MCAT... It does now and it only looks at VR :(

I would say. If you pull your MCAT to acceptable scores 30+ (10+) in verbal, your GPA would not be the deciding factor thats going to get you rejected. If you apply with those stats to both Canada and US schools. I would be very surprised if you don't get in at all.

Well I've heard from many students that ontario schools care more about gpa than mcat. I can improve the mcat but the down side is that i can't do anything regarding my gpa

that god thats slowly out...

i was getting sick to my stomach of idiots going to **** schools and getting solid gpas while the rest suffer...

i hope ALL canadians put the mcat on there...

I would say. If you pull your MCAT to acceptable scores 30+ (10+) in verbal, your GPA would not be the deciding factor thats going to get you rejected. If you apply with those stats to both Canada and US schools. I would be very surprised if you don't get in at all.

yea..with the 6...i see waitlist no doubt...unless you can marry and get a green card

none of us work at admissions

an arbitrary number should not determine if you apply or not....we dont know what schools look at..

we just guess based on number

with that being said..i think you have a

4.523^2.3 % chance of acceptance

none of us work at admissions

an arbitrary number should not determine if you apply or not....we dont know what schools look at..

we just guess based on number

with that being said..i think you have a

4.523^2.3 % chance of acceptance

lol,,, of course, by the way thanks for your estimation...

Archived