Premed 101 Forums

Pannonia Towers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've lived in Pannonia Towers for two years now during my Master's. I really like my apartment but you pretty much get what you paid for. There are both pros n cons to these two buildings (Savaria and Pannonia):

Pros: It is a great location imo. You can walk up Queen St to catch any bus to campus which takes me max 25-30 min door-to-campus. You can walk to the LCBO, Fortino's, an Asian grocery store up Queen, St. Joes hospital in 10 minutes, buses to go up to the mountain to Juravinski Hospital and a Barton bus to the General Hospital if you don't drive. If you have a car, these places are all really close. There is also an awesome trail close by if you want to go for a run or walk or w.e. Locke Street is the next few streets over with a cool pizza place (Earth to Table), a few bars, a burger joint, a Starbucks, etc. The neighbourhood around the buildings is really nice. Oh, and I almost forgot, Hess is the next street over so you can walk to all the bars, patios in the summer in 5 minutes!

The apartments are pretty nice, it's good to have a balcony (but it's cement so buy some mats to place on the balcony in the summer). The junior 1 BR is perferct for one person (I also have a cat).

Cons: There are some sketchy/weird/need-to-shower-badly people who live in these buildings. There are not a lot of students. But the rent is good. Also, the building gets treated for pest-control but in dirty people's apartments that is a problem (ew I hate cockroaches). I didn't have a problem with bugs but the building definitely has them.

Hope that helped you make a decision. For what it's worth, if I have a choice of staying at Mac for meds, I will not move.

Archived