Premed 101 Forums

Books To Prepare

dazzle

What is the best book for each topic?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is the best book for each topic?

• Examkrackers - Verbal Reasoning
    • Examkrackers - Physics
    • Examkrackers - Biology
    • Examkrackers - General Chemistry
    • Examkrackers - Organic Chemistry
    • Princeton Review - Verbal Reasoning
    • Princeton Review - Physics
    • Princeton Review - Biology
    • Princeton Review - General Chemistry
    • Princeton Review - Organic Chemistry

Hello, (the poll is just for fun, no need to click any answers, and I probably won't give any credence to the results compared to the thought out answers given below, if there are any answers at all)

I know this thread has multiple versions each year, and I am sorry for this. I hope to make this easy and quick to answer to:

I will not get any BR titles (it is too late, so forget it). Mainly, it is between EK and PR for each section. I have all EKs except Org Chem in electronic version, but am willing to dish out more money for some PRs. I hear they are more thorough, so in someway trust them more.

Verbal Reasoning: I have heard to just go with EK so I will do that.

Physics: I was a bit dissapointed by the EK 1st lecture (it's a bit bad) but the questions seem legit.

Biology: I heard PR is too detailed. I do not mind going with EK here, and when I need, just search my old class textbooks and internet.

General Chemistry: Any opinions?

Organic Chemistry: Same here... I wouldn't want more information than necessary here. My first bachelor's was in chemistry and it just pains me to memorize the reactions.

Thanks guys, as I said, I sort of trust the PR more than the EK, but the EK seems to have legitimate insight into what is good for the test and what is not... by that it does not need to do more than it needs. I have not read the PRs extensively so I do not have a feel for their method yet.

By the way, there is also that Cracking the MCAT book by PR as well, I checked it out today. It's really handy to have all the stuff in one book. But some reviews say it does not do the job as well (too general).

Archived