Premed 101 Forums

3rd year applicant disadvantages?

I was wondering if there is any disadvantage to being a third year applicant for McMaster? The pre-interview formula doesn't mention any extra points for being in fourth year, only master's and PhD, so I was wondering how being in 3rd year would factor in, if at all?

Thanks in advance! :)

Doesn't factor in directly, but may affect you directly, such as having one more year of experience to draw from in interviews, etc. I think 10-15% of my class are 3rd years.

on that topic.. do/did people usually bring in past their experiences during the MMI? or are you talking about how experiences may indirectly prep you casper/mmi

I didn't talk about my experiences at all, although I used the knowledge I gained during my experiences to provide more in-depth answers...

From what I can tell, 3rd years are at no disadvantage, and are at a slight advantage if you do very well in your first and second year, because that's all they will look at when calculating GPA score. (Depends on if your grades trend up or down really)

damn. maybe that's why I didn't get into Queen's then.

Frankly I have no clue how they score. Thinking back I didn't use examples almost at all in the queens one (it was hard to fit them into answers) but at Mac there was lots of opportunities. Who knows how they take what you say

Archived