Premed 101 Forums

Housing for med students(on a golf course)

Congrats on your acceptances and welcome to macmeds.

I am a second year ophthalmology resident at Mac and former McMaster medical student (Class of 2011). I bought and furnished a beautiful golf course townhouse last year and am interested in renting out 2 rooms(Room B and C) to medical students. 5 min drive from McMaster Uni and McMaster Children’s Hospital.

Our other housemates include me and 1 other medical student(male) from the class above you.

Address is 100 Beddoe Dr, Hamilton. Unit 36.

The house is 4 bedrooms. I have the master bedroom. 2 other rooms + washroom upstairs and a 1 room basement. There is also a powder room on the main floor.

There is a double garage, of which I will be using 1 spot and there is parking on the driveway and street.

The rooms are labeled in the pictures. Follow the link below and click on slideshow, top-right

Room A – occupied

Room B/C – Rent = $600/month. Room B is upstairs and Room C is in the basement. Using the shared washroom upstairs. Furnished with a bed, desk, bookcase. 12 month lease.

(Room C was previously occupied by a Niagra med student followed by a final year medical student who matched to ophthalmology. Room B was previously occupied by another mac medical student)

Shared:

Living room – Sofas, coffee table, TV with cable, PS3, fireplace

Powder room.

Kitchen- freezer/fridge, toaster oven, coffee machine, microwave, stove, oven, dishwasher

Laundry – in the basement, washer and dryer

Rent includes utilities - air conditioning, heat, water, electricity, high speed wifi internet, cable.

Free books to use, advice, and career planning, being a former McMaster medical student at the Kitchener-waterloo site. The medical students ahead of you are an incredible resource as well.

Please contact me if interested.

Manreet

manreet.alangh@medportal.ca

I actually lived here last year and I can honestly say that it's a great place to live!

Everything's amazing! It's close to Mac and all the hospitals, the landlord is SUPER NICE and SUPER HELPFUL with Med Related Stuff (He helped prep me for some our tests)!

The place is just beautiful (and you can see that in the pictures) !!!

• 2 months later...

Archived