Premed 101 Forums

I just recently learned of PAs and am really intrigued by the profession. I've done a far amount of research on them, but I have a few questions that I'd be grateful if anyone answered.

1. Can a PA work on an Air Ambulance, such as Stars, alongside an RN and ACC EMT-P?

2. As a PA if you specialize in Mountain Medicine (through a diploma), would you work a similar job to an MD who got the same diploma? This could apply to other wilderness medicine specialties, such as: search and rescue, diving/marine medicine, dessert/jungle/polar medicine, and other remote disciplines.
    *These diplomas/certificates are typically directed at physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, and EMTs.

3. Are PAs eligible to be involved with organizations, like Red Cross, for disaster response?

Thank you and any input is appreciated!

I just recently learned of PAs and am really intrigued by the profession. I've done a far amount of research on them, but I have a few questions that I'd be grateful if anyone answered.

1. Can a PA work on an Air Ambulance, such as Stars, alongside an RN and ACC EMT-P?

2. As a PA if you specialize in Mountain Medicine (through a diploma), would you work a similar job to an MD who got the same diploma? This could apply to other wilderness medicine specialties, such as: search and rescue, diving/marine medicine, dessert/jungle/polar medicine, and other remote disciplines.
    *These diplomas/certificates are typically directed at physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, and EMTs.

3. Are PAs eligible to be involved with organizations, like Red Cross, for disaster response?

Thank you and any input is appreciated!

yes, yes, and yes.

Archived