Premed 101 Forums

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what the range of GPAs is for acceptance to PA programs in Canada (i.e. U of T, Mac, Manitoba)? I have an undergrad cGPA of 3.0, and I did a grad degree. Do I have a chance?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Raj123

lol thats true, I shall apply, and hopefully my GPA will be enough :P

btw, does anyone know if they look at all your couses to calculate your cumulative GPA, or is it just the 60 credits of your last 2 years?

Thanks! :)

• 3 months later...

It calculates every course you've ever taken at an undergraduate level. Not sure how Master's work. The GPA figures we have here are from people who applied and were either accepted/rejected. There's no way to know what the actual mark is for minimum because the schools don't release it and they will still look at your application of 3.0 if you have a lot of extra curriculars/experience to go from. If you have over 3.0 and good experience, apply.

Last 60 credits/2 years applies for Graduate programs, this one is a completely different program and application style.

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone,

I applied to McMaster this cycle but was hoping to find out what you guys think of my chances. My cGPA is 3.75, but it is slightly skewed because because of a disappointing first year. In my last 3 year, my GPA closer to 3.90.

Would the admissions committee take this into account? Or will they just use the 3.75 cGPA. And if so, do you guys think this is enough for an interview/admission?

Thanks!

A friend of mine spoke to someone in the PA office who said this year they expect 400+ applications for 60-80 interview seats. This is compared to the 200-250 applications quoted on here from a year or two ago when the "competitive GPA of accepted applicants" was ~3.56. You're probably slightly above this years applicant GPA mean but I am only speculating.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Raj123

^ Does that mean if my GPA is only a 3.3, I would not have a good chance of advancing to the interview stage? I would retake a course or two, but I heard they would look at ALL courses regardless if it is a repeat so that would do me no good :( Does anyone know if MAC has given out an acceptance to someone who had a GPA around 3.3? I have my heart set on a PA, I hope I have a chance.

PS. I am referring to the program at Macmaster.

Any help will be appreciated, and all the best to everyone!

Thank You.

^ Does that mean if my GPA is only a 3.3, I would not have a good chance of advancing to the interview stage? I would retake a course or two, but I heard they would look at ALL courses regardless if it is a repeat so that would do me no good :( Does anyone know if MAC has given out an acceptance to someone who had a GPA around 3.3? I have my heart set on a PA, I hope I have a chance.

PS. I am referring to the program at Macmaster.

Any help will be appreciated, and all the best to everyone!

Thank You.

All of the numbers on the forums for this year are just speculation. If you applied... just hang tight for a few more weeks and see if you get an interview. Getting an interview is a combination of your supplementary application and your GPA which means that if you wrote a strong application your lower GPA could be easily off-set. Good luck!

Guest Raj123

Thanks PAstudenthopeful!

One other question, when they calculate GPA are they converting the grades on their scale? For example, on the omsas conversion table MAC uses the 7point scale, and if my school uses the 9 point scale will they start calculating the letter grades using the 7 or 9pt scale?

Sorry for all the questions, appreciate your help!

Guest Raj123

Pink tulip - Thank you soo much!

Kpm - Thanks a lot! I only have 2 years of school completed but I do volunteer so maybe they will take that into consideration.

Goodluck everyone! :)

Archived