Premed 101 Forums

Sydney University DMD 2013

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here is applying to Sydney dental school for 2013. Also, those who have been accepted or are attending, please share your stats if you don't mind.

I figured australian schools are not getting much love compared to CAN and US schools in here. Lol

• 1 month later...

hey i have just recently applied to the university of Sydney. My gpa is a 3.14 from the University of Toronto and my DAT score average from both the US and the Canadian is an 18? Does anyone know if I have a chance at being considered for an interview??

According to the application service I used, an 80% is considered competitive for Sydney and Melbourne, and I guess Australian schools in general. Interview offers were sent last week for Sydney, not sure if they have a wave of interview offers or not.

I applied to Australian schools because I didn't know if I would make it to a Canadian school and I didn't want to wait so long before I could start studying. For example, apply to Australian schools in Summer 2012, start classes in January/February 2013. Apply to American schools in Summer, start classes September 2013. I do agree that the priority should be Canada > US > Australia > everything else.

• 2 weeks later...
hey i have just recently applied to the university of Sydney. My gpa is a 3.14 from the University of Toronto and my DAT score average from both the US and the Canadian is an 18? Does anyone know if I have a chance at being considered for an interview??

I'd try to improve that GPA and DAT considerably. Aim for above 20 in each section of the DAT, most US schools take heavy consideration on it.

Has anyone been accepted or interviewed at the University of Sydney for Dental school??? (any international students) cuz i called last week and they told me to wait 2 weeks cuz their looking at domestic students at the moment...but I was just wondering cuz I read someones post before that they were interviewed (im not sure where i read that tho)

please let me knoww thanksss :)

Archived