Premed 101 Forums

choice of Course for second undergrad

I just joined this forum,i am amazed at the level of info and support for premed applicants.

I work full time ,i have a family with two kids.I want to apply for medicine but i need to enroll for second undergrad degree.Can i enroll in a distance learning program for second degree ,will it be recognised for medicine application later on?If yes,any recommendation for good distance learning university?

It is best to contact your medical schools of interest to ask this question. Some of them may only allow a certain number of credits to be taken via distance education. Maybe someone else here can clarify but again I suggest to contact the universities directly.

Athabasca is a famous one.

Athabasca definitely has a lot of well-known programs that are offered via distance education.

You could also check out the "Canadian Virtual University" which is a group of Canadian universities that all offer distance education courses.

There are also plenty of universities in Ontario that offer distance ed courses. Guelph and Waterloo are two that come to mind.

Archived