Premed 101 Forums

Old Biology exams?

Hey guys,

Would anyone happen to know where to find copies of old biology exams for various schools? Have my first year bio exam *yawn* coming up and I'm looking to make sure I am above and beyond prepared to ace this baby.

Course Material is on:

Introduction to biology

• Light and life
  • Introduction to selection and evolution

Cell, molecular biology, genetics

• Cells – an introduction to metabolism, information and compartmentalization
  • Membranes and membrane transport
  • Energy and enzymes
  • Metabolism, selected metabolic pathways (respiration and photosynthesis)
  • Cancer, cellular signalling and cell cycle regulation
  • Continuity - cell division, DNA replication
  • Gene expression; continuity vs. variety – reproduction, chromosomes, recombination and meiosis
  • Genetics: genes, phenotypes, and patterns of inheritance

If anyone knows of where to download or get such things that would be awesome. York doesn't seem to like providing us with these tools :mad:

Cheers!

It's going to do you any good by looking at other schools' (or even other professors at same school) exams.

The major details are the same, but different profs and schools cover it differently. I can say that because I downloaded another professor's midterms and finals... and I could honestly answer only about 50% of the questions despite going to the same university.

I'd say stick to reading your professor's notes over and over, and understanding that material.

Also, all the bio profs (at U of A) have removed their practice/actual exams on their websites now that the school year is over otherwise... I would've given you a link to check it out anyways.

Hey guys,

Would anyone happen to know where to find copies of old biology exams for various schools? Have my first year bio exam *yawn* coming up and I'm looking to make sure I am above and beyond prepared to ace this baby.

Course Material is on:

Introduction to biology

• Light and life
  • Introduction to selection and evolution

Cell, molecular biology, genetics

• Cells – an introduction to metabolism, information and compartmentalization
  • Membranes and membrane transport
  • Energy and enzymes
  • Metabolism, selected metabolic pathways (respiration and photosynthesis)
  • Cancer, cellular signalling and cell cycle regulation
  • Continuity - cell division, DNA replication
  • Gene expression; continuity vs. variety – reproduction, chromosomes, recombination and meiosis
  • Genetics: genes, phenotypes, and patterns of inheritance

If anyone knows of where to download or get such things that would be awesome. York doesn't seem to like providing us with these tools :mad:

Cheers!

go to your textbooks website and try the practice exams. Theres a good chance that your prof may pull questions from the exam textbook testbank and the practise questions on the textbook website will be very similar. Hope my wording made sense.

Archived