Premed 101 Forums

No, for Diversity of Experience, Leadership, etc., one category per entry... the adcom has said that if they're going through it and feel that it fits better in another category, they will assess it as such, so don't stress too much about it!

I think the only exceptions are paid research positions, which you can put under both research and employment.

wow blogging thru med school huh? u are sure gonna end up with pages after pages of tales to tell. best of luck hope you could keep it up.

Hope so... already feeling lazy to update, but there really isn't anything to write about right now. I'll try, anyway.

So if you started out as a volunteer in an organization and made your way into a coordinator position, would you guys even mention the previous position you had in another section?

Is it employment? You could list them as separate positions. If it's not employment, then you could do the same thing, but if you need that extra entry, list it as coordinator with the volunteer start date. Put a few characters at the beginning like "Volunteer 2006-2008. Blahblahblah (responsibilities)."

So if you started out as a volunteer in an organization and made your way into a coordinator position, would you guys even mention the previous position you had in another section?

I think that's your call - if you believe the positions/roles are important enough on their own and sufficiently dissimilar, I think it's perfectly valid to separate them. Depends wha you're "giving up" to do it (limited entries for certain categories).

What if I was playing a sport for a very long time (since 6 till now)... it seems logical to fill up two sections with this activity but is that bad? there is some overlapping....

ie... played soccer competitively (rep) for 12 years -> could i list it under high performance and capacity to work w/ others (b/c of teamwork)

Hey guys,

Is it redundant to have an entry under employment, then list it as a non-academic activity as well (more so a reflection of what you learned). If anyone could share their experiences with this that would be great.

In the help guide they advise against that: "...and employment history should not be included in your list of non-academic activities". Just list it in employment - they (supposedly) use employment history the same way they use non-academic activities to generate your NAQ anyways!

Archived