Premed 101 Forums

Should I apply?

I'm currently going into my fourth year in the faculty of science at uOttawa. My GPA right now is at about 3.5 and I'm studying for the mcats right now. Should I even bother applying this year to med schools, or should I wait until after 4th yr when I'll have a higher GPA?

Any thoughts/opinions would be great!

I'm currently going into my fourth year in the faculty of science at uOttawa. My GPA right now is at about 3.5 and I'm studying for the mcats right now. Should I even bother applying this year to med schools, or should I wait until after 4th yr when I'll have a higher GPA?

Any thoughts/opinions would be great!

Depending on your MCAT score, you might have a chance at McMaster ... what is the breakdown of your GPA (in terms of year 1, 2, 3) ?

I'm also not sure if I should try applying abroad this year to the schools that do not need the mcat. I know it's very difficult coming back into Canada most of the time as well.

Any thoughts about schools i could consider or any opinions?

Thanks again :)

Any schools in particular that you may have in mind? I've found some that don't require mcat, but I just don't believe I stand a chance with "average" grades. I think I have pretty good ECs though.

AMCAS, I seem to recall, converts Canadian GPAs rather favourably. I'm not clear on the exact details of it, but you may stand a better chance than you think in the US.

AMCAS, I seem to recall, converts Canadian GPAs rather favourably. I'm not clear on the exact details of it, but you may stand a better chance than you think in the US.

Do you know where I'd be able to find this information? I can't seem to find anything on the AAMC website.

Archived