Premed 101 Forums

Work-life balance + Good life + Career

thehockeykid

I said it before that I am working in a lab this summer and I am getting a taste of what working life is like. I also do know older people who have started their careers and spend all time at work. Too many times i hear people talk about their life and it is work followed by work they take home or working on their house.

Do you think your career aspirations will allow you to live your ideal life? How will you spend the time that you are not working?

I am really curious to read the all responses.

I said it before that I am working in a lab this summer and I am getting a taste of what working life is like. I also do know older people who have started their careers and spend all time at work. Too many times i hear people talk about their life and it is work followed by work they take home or working on their house.

Do you think your career aspirations will allow you to live your ideal life? How will you spend the time that you are not working?

I am really curious to read the all responses.

I don't really have specific career aspirations right now, I just know I'm going to pick a specialty that will let me have enough free time, i.e. not over 40 hours a week. With that time, I'll hopefully be able to have a family and spend time with them. Work on my guitar and photography skills. Travel. Relax, unwind. Hang out with friends. Buy a fancy sports car and go on random drives with it (maybe).

Archived