Premed 101 Forums

EK Verbal Raw score? Help please!

sprinkles

Hey all so sorry if this has already been asked but I couldn't find it...I went to the interwebs and I got a bunch of different answers. For the EK Verbal (both the small techniques book and the big 101 one, how do you calculate a raw score? like lets say you get 13 right out of a possible 23 or 19 right out of 21...how can you figure out what your 'raw score' is?

I checked the internet and some said:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=701316

while others said:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=840055

so I'm really confused...please help!!!

yes I know about that but my problem is I don't know how to calculate the 'raw' score in order to get the scaled one...if that makes sense?

For ex:

The maximum raw score you can get is 23 which equals a 15 on the scaled score

but each practice exam is 21 questions so its IMPOSSIBLE to score a 23....so how do you measure that? do you get what I mean? :/ whats the raw score if you get say...15 out of the 21 questions right? how do you calculate a raw score for that?

yes I know about that but my problem is I don't know how to calculate the 'raw' score in order to get the scaled one...if that makes sense?

For ex:

The maximum raw score you can get is 23 which equals a 15 on the scaled score

but each practice exam is 21 questions so its IMPOSSIBLE to score a 23....so how do you measure that? do you get what I mean? :/ whats the raw score if you get say...15 out of the 21 questions right? how do you calculate a raw score for that?

Each practice test on EK101 has 60 questions. I don't know what you're referring to. There is a key at the back that tells you your score out of 15 corresponding to the number of questions out of 60 you get right.

You're talking about the mini tests at the end of EK VR and math book right?

I remember this from last year, and I always just thought of it as being too short of a test to accurately give a scaled score of 14 or 15 , so they capped it at 13.

But for EK101, its pretty straight forward

You're talking about the mini tests at the end of EK VR and math book right?

I remember this from last year, and I always just thought of it as being too short of a test to accurately give a scaled score of 14 or 15 , so they capped it at 13.

But for EK101, its pretty straight forward

yup this is the one I was referring to :P lol sorry maybe I should have been more accurate. and thanks for the info :) So top mark you could get is 13?

Archived