Premed 101 Forums

Personal attributes

Guest UAgrad

I'm just filling out the "personal attributes" section, and find the space limit REALLY restrictive. Any advice on how to best use the space? I guess "quality over quantity" goes without saying...but I'm finding I'm resorting to point form to get even the basic details down (especially for the section where you talk about diversity in your experiences). Are they interested in somewhat unconventional experiences (such as hiking/camping, living abroad, speaking multiple languages) or are they expecting you to rhyme off the formal training/qualifications you have?

Thanks guys...

Guest Lactic Folly

I used point form, and it did take a long time to reword and edit everything.. you can choose to mention the things that portray you best, whether it's your diverse life experience or your impressive qualifications.

Guest summervirus

I can't really remember exactly what I did for my application as it's been so long since I've applied. But, if I recall correctly, I wrote mostly in point form.

For example, if elaborating on languages spoken, I would write something like "Language fluency: English, French" instead of a long sentence about how you may have attended a French school. I think that you can mention both formal and informal experiences. If it were me, and I were mentioning hiking/camping, I wouldn't elaborate more than that (such as listing off specific locations, etc) unless there was a specific achievement you would like to point out.

I feel for you. I remember how restrictive the space limit was for me. And, as you said, "quality over quantity." Point form is acceptable. :)

Guest Scholastica

I also have a question regarding this section. How do we list the employment history? Do we have to provide the adcom with phone # or email address of a contact person?

Guest slypimpdip

Just on the same note,

What do we put down for verifying awards? such as like sports MVP or provincial gold medals? Are we supposed to put down a coach's number, or a teammate to verify?

Guest sans005

oh i have one last question: for the diversity question, if I were to write something informal like "creative writing" or sth, do I still need to give a verifier, coz its jst like a hobby. did anyone give verifiers for such activities. Things like "hiking" were mentioned earlier.

Archived