Premed 101 Forums

Enough experience?

Hi,

I’m really hoping someone over here can set my mind at ease. I just graduated from a US dental school and was so desperate to come back to Canada that I didn’t bother staying to do a GPR or AEGD.

Please, please, please don’t take this the wrong way but I’m a bit concerned that I may not have enough experience.

By the time I graduated I had completed:

Complete dentures ~ 4 (one implant supported overdenture)

Removable partial denture ~ 3

Bridge ~ 1,

PFM crown ~ 8

Procera crown ~ 1

Implant crown restoration ~ 3

Operative ~ 54

Endo ~ 8 (no molar endo)

Extractions ~ 21 (non-surgical)

SRP ~ 34 quadrants

Again, please don’t take this the wrong way, I just was hoping to find out if this is comparable to what you had completed by the time you graduated since I honestly don’t know....

I guess it would probably depend on the school and where it was located but even just a general idea would be great! I’m just so nervous…

Hi,

I’m really hoping someone over here can set my mind at ease. I just graduated from a US dental school and was so desperate to come back to Canada that I didn’t bother staying to do a GPR or AEGD.

Please, please, please don’t take this the wrong way but I’m a bit concerned that I may not have enough experience.

By the time I graduated I had completed:

Complete dentures ~ 4 (one implant supported overdenture)

Removable partial denture ~ 3

Bridge ~ 1,

PFM crown ~ 8

Procera crown ~ 1

Implant crown restoration ~ 3

Operative ~ 54

Endo ~ 8 (no molar endo)

Extractions ~ 21 (non-surgical)

SRP ~ 34 quadrants

Again, please don’t take this the wrong way, I just was hoping to find out if this is comparable to what you had completed by the time you graduated since I honestly don’t know....

I guess it would probably depend on the school and where it was located but even just a general idea would be great! I’m just so nervous…

You can find some job search for OJT positions. Supervise prac. and pay,

Just gooling.

Archived