Premed 101 Forums

Letter and Confidential Assessment Form

So, I've been looking around for verification regarding this but I cannot find anything.

We have our referees send the Form with their letter attached, by snail mail, to OMSAS. Does the mail just need to be POSTMARKED by before October 1st, or do they need to HAVE IT, by October 1?

Yes the address you have is correct.

I would also like to know about the Oct1 deadline. Is it a strict deadline?

And as Dr. No said, does it have to be postmarked on or before Oct1 or be received by Oct1?

Thanks in advance.

Received by. And it depends on the school...

I BELIEVE (based on other threads) that it is:

Western - Oct. 1

Queens - Nov. 1

U of T - Dec. 1

Mac - a little after that

Well I am a little confused, OMSAS says the letters need to be there by Oct 1, no exceptions. But then each separate medical school says their own thing. Queens says Nov 1, McMaster says Oct 1, but that they will accept later letters...just not sure HOW much later. I don't think Ottawa even looks at LOR this year. I am applying to McMaster, Queens, and Ottawa as OOP, so just trying to figure out when my letters need to be in.

Since it is all through a centralized system, my understanding is that so long as even one of the schools I am applying to needs the letters by Oct 1, they'll all have to have the letters by then.

Received by. And it depends on the school...

I BELIEVE (based on other threads) that it is:

Western - Oct. 1

Queens - Nov. 1

U of T - Dec. 1

Mac - a little after that

Where did you find the Western date? When I called them 2 weeks ago to specifically ask when they want the letters in, they told me to keep watching the website and I haven't seen anything posted. Is this the firm deadline?

Where did you find the Western date? When I called them 2 weeks ago to specifically ask when they want the letters in, they told me to keep watching the website and I haven't seen anything posted. Is this the firm deadline?

Another thread. Probably not the best source of information.

Try calling them again?

Well I am a little confused, OMSAS says the letters need to be there by Oct 1, no exceptions. But then each separate medical school says their own thing. Queens says Nov 1, McMaster says Oct 1, but that they will accept later letters...just not sure HOW much later. I don't think Ottawa even looks at LOR this year. I am applying to McMaster, Queens, and Ottawa as OOP, so just trying to figure out when my letters need to be in.

Since it is all through a centralized system, my understanding is that so long as even one of the schools I am applying to needs the letters by Oct 1, they'll all have to have the letters by then.

The schools require them at a different dates because they review the LORs at a different times.

Don't quote me on this.

I believe at the Mac admissions session, the presenter mentioned that since Mac looks at LORs POST interview invite, then one could conceivably hand it in as late as February - even though it's not recommended.

Just using that as an example to illustrate my point. Don't trust that that information will hold for this year.

Another thread. Probably not the best source of information.

Try calling them again?

I see, thank you. I will give them another call.

And yes, I was also told that the schools want the letters in at different times, because they use them at different times during the selection process (info from the Ottawa admissions office when I called them about LOR due dates).

Archived