Premed 101 Forums

Do they really want ALL my previous jobs?!

Hey folks. Perhaps some of you are in the same boat. I am 37 and have been working since I was 12. I have had a ton of piddly part-time jobs that I have no idea if they could even verify I ever worked there as we are going back 25 years!

Does the adcom really want them all or the ones you can really only find verifiers for?

Your thoughts on how to proceed? I was going to ask admissions but figured I'd get your feedback first.

I had like 7-8 jobs on my application. It took me a while to put them all into the system, but I think it was worth it!

edit: I'm sure if you just called the admissions office you could sort it out though. I doubt you need to put the paper route you had when you were 12 on the application :P.

I'm 32, and I honestly can't remember all the jobs I've held. I can't remember what the dates were for my employment at a gas station as a cashier in grade 12 etc.

I have a catch-all "various" category, but I'm considering changing it and listing a few more. I feel like the applicant manual suggests we should list them all.

It would be great to list them all... but how do you deal with jobs in which there is no longer a verifier? Do we just not list them? I have three jobs that I would like to list but verifiers are hard to come by since. People are no longer around due to the following reasons: the store I worked in has since closed; management has changed hands; and, the company I worked for has ceased to exist. Any thoughts??

It would be great to list them all... but how do you deal with jobs in which there is no longer a verifier? Do we just not list them? I have three jobs that I would like to list but verifiers are hard to come by since. People are no longer around due to the following reasons: the store I worked in has since closed; management has changed hands; and, the company I worked for has ceased to exist. Any thoughts??

call the admissions desk! they are wonderful people!

Archived