Premed 101 Forums

3 Labs in one semester

Its is doable to have Chem and Physics in the same term, I did it last year in term 2. It will take some good time management to do well but not impossible. Biol 224 isn't too bad as a lab, there are multiple quizzes and a lab exam. The same goes with Chem labs, you'll have problem sessions, and quizzes to complete and probably the most stressful lab I've had.

I will say that Physics labs are pretty intense and you need to be prepared before you go in with pre labs done and know what your doing. There is only 5 labs to do in each term, with no quiz or test in it

I am taking BIOL 224, CHEM 112 and PHY 115 in this semester. Has anyone done this before like taking 3 courses with labs in one semester? I was wondering how hard it will be to manage these 3 labs together. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Oh wow... thankfully I finished all that a long time ago... If I were you I would start praying... lol

Seriously though, just keep your head in the game and you should be able to get a decent mark... although you'll be dead tired at the end of every week...

Meh most people do BIO 120, PHY 115 and CHEM 112 either way so it doesnt seem all that different. Wrt to time spent on labs; it certainly does require some prioritizing. However, dont dismiss the labs simply because they are worth less. There is a glut of people failing to get into med with marks in the 87-89 range simply due to a 0.1% lower grade. I actually improved my mark from PHY115->PHY 117 by 5% by simply improving on a 60s:rolleyes: lab mark.

• 3 months later...

Archived