Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Practice Test Day Before Test?

AshPreMed

Thanks, Savac!

I'm just going to go over some basic concepts like: Hormones, orgo lab techniques, mitosis/meiosis, see past exam mistakes,, a few VR passages, 1 essay, then read the chapter summaries. Any other tips?

I'm usually a very sturdy guy and don't get discouraged. Would it be bad to see my mistakes. I honestly haven't done so yet...

Thanks, Savac!

I'm just going to go over some basic concepts like: Hormones, orgo lab techniques, mitosis/meiosis, see past exam mistakes,, a few VR passages, 1 essay, then read the chapter summaries. Any other tips?

I'm usually a very sturdy guy and don't get discouraged. Would it be bad to see my mistakes. I honestly haven't done so yet...

You should have been reviewing your mistakes 1-2 days after each practice test. It's definitely important to know why you're making errors, but you may get overwhelmed if you try to do too much today.

I really think you should try to do as little as possible on the last day. On the morning of your test day, try to do a few easy passages to get your mind into "MCAT mode".

My best advice is honestly to just relax. You've been studying for this for a long time, and it will show. Just do your best and have no regrets. I don't really know what else to say, so just own it!

How can I warm-up? How can I find "easy" passages (do I do passages in all subjects)? Should I write an essay?

Thanks, just a few questions if you don't mind. :)

I think you should do a passage that you've done before. Your goal is not content or strategy or anything like that at this stage. You just need to give your brain a warmup. This will hopefully help to prevent you from having a slow start in the physical science section.

As for an essay, don't do one. That is pretty much guaranteed to leave you mentally fatigued at the end. Even though you won't feel very drained after one essay, you'll probably wish you didn't waste the energy several hours later when you're nearing the end of the test.

Once again, good luck!

Edit: Do one from each subject if you want. On the morning of my MCAT, I did one physics passage and one verbal passage.

Archived