Premed 101 Forums

Criteria for Interview

Guest Parii

Hello there,

I am an OP (BC) person and am considering to apply to UA. My MCAT is pretty bad and therefore I was trying to find out how the admissions office select people for interview. I couldn't find any specific info on the website. Are GPA and MCAT the only pre-interview criteria? Do they disregard the entire application of people who don't make certain cut off?

I would really appreciate your information as the deadline is approaching way too fast...

Thank you,

P

Guest summervirus

I don't really know. I believe that in the past, MCAT and GPA were used to assess the applicants for interview offers. But, I know that around 2-3 years ago, there was some concern raised within the faculty that this type of screen would overlook certain applicants with lower MCAT's and GPA's but whose lower marks could be accounted for by very strong extracurricular activities. I don't know what came of it (i.e. if there has been any change in the way interviews are given out since the time of that discussion). But, you can try applying if you think your nonacademic supporting material is strong. *Maybe* the admissions process has been changed to your advantage.

Archived