Premed 101 Forums

Undergrad at Mcgill

Casey

I've done some research and it appears that a lot of people claim McGill "deflates" marks, making your GPA look less than what it is.

I'm currently at Dawson College (Quebec) and I am trying to figure out where I should go for my undergrad. I've never written the SAT/ACT, nor have I ever had the change to take AP classes due to them not being offered at my school. It seems pretty impossible for me to go to any US university given these circumstances.

Would it be a bad move to do my undergrad at McGill? I'm keen on studying medicine there, I just want to maximize my chances of that actually happening!

Can I apply to other undergrads in the other provinces of Canada without doing the SAT/ACT? I don't think I would have enough time to prepare/study for these tests and write them in time for the application process.

I

I've done some research and it appears that a lot of people claim McGill "deflates" marks, making your GPA look less than what it is.

I'm currently at Dawson College (Quebec) and I am trying to figure out where I should go for my undergrad. I've never written the SAT/ACT, nor have I ever had the change to take AP classes due to them not being offered at my school. It seems pretty impossible for me to go to any US university given these circumstances.

Would it be a bad move to do my undergrad at McGill? I'm keen on studying medicine there, I just want to maximize my chances of that actually happening!

Can I apply to other undergrads in the other provinces of Canada without doing the SAT/ACT? I don't think I would have enough time to prepare/study for these tests and write them in time for the application process.

I

SAT and ACT are not required for Canadian universities.

Archived