Premed 101 Forums

What is the meaning of "Secondary" on app

Hey guys, getting close to submitting my application, and I'm just trying to make sure that I've tied up all the loose ends - transcripts, MCAT etc. On the "Application Status" page of the app there's a section that says "Secondary" and underneath "Application has not been received". I'm assuming that once I submit, this will change, but I'm unclear why it's called Secondary - just want to make sure there isn't something I was supposed to submit (was there a "primary"??) with only about a week to go before the deadline.

Thanks everyone - and good luck!

I submitted last night. This is what it says under application status

Application Status

The information below is your current application and reference status.

Secondary

Application submitted on 9/13/2012.

Transcript Status

School Name Status

University of Ottawa Received

BC Residency Status

Not a BC Resident, therefore no documents are required.

MCAT Status

Date VR PS WS BS Result

X X X X X X

Interview Decision

Interview decision has been made.

Scores

No scores found.

Offer Status

There is no offer status for your application.

Hope that helps, broseph.

^ whoa - does it really happen that fast?!

Looool it accidentally got deleted when I was formatting

"No Interview Decision has been made"

BTW OP, my post may have been misleading, so I copy-pasted from the email UBC sent us.

“Secondary” heading on Application Status page: “Secondary” refers to the application itself. Once you submit your application this section will update.

Are you applying for the NMP as well. I believe the supplementry application is for people who wish to be considered for the Northern Program in PG to demonstrate their 'northerness' to the sub-committee.

Did you put PG down as one of your possible destinations?

I'm not positive, so anyone out there please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey guys, getting close to submitting my application, and I'm just trying to make sure that I've tied up all the loose ends - transcripts, MCAT etc. On the "Application Status" page of the app there's a section that says "Secondary" and underneath "Application has not been received". I'm assuming that once I submit, this will change, but I'm unclear why it's called Secondary - just want to make sure there isn't something I was supposed to submit (was there a "primary"??) with only about a week to go before the deadline.

Thanks everyone - and good luck!

Archived