Premed 101 Forums

Non Academic - High Performance

The conventional wisdom (which might not be right) is that high performance is for things like going to the olympics, winning the Nobel prize, etc. The application manual says (emphasis mine):

Occasionally
, applicants have been or are involved in one or more activities at a level that exceeds what can be expected of a typical, average applicant. These individuals receive recognition by way of non-academic awards, citations, honours, etc., that are reserved for
only the highest examples

It sounds like the majority of successful applicants leave this section blank.

The conventional wisdom (which might not be right) is that high performance is for things like going to the olympics, winning the Nobel prize, etc. The application manual says (emphasis mine):

Occasionally
, applicants have been or are involved in one or more activities at a level that exceeds what can be expected of a typical, average applicant. These individuals receive recognition by way of non-academic awards, citations, honours, etc., that are reserved for
only the highest examples

It sounds like the majority of successful applicants leave this section blank.

I had it maxed out

Just curious, did your 3 entries in this section all fall under the same level of performance that would be comparable to provincial /national / Olympic-level athletic performance?

I'm wondering what I think OP is wondering - that is, do we just put what we feel to be higher-than-average level accomplishments, or do we put nothing short of Olympic level type things (my first thought of "Human Endeavour" was that it's reserved for achievements that are at the limit of what is humanly possible lol).

I guess if you're maxing out of things in the other categories but would still like to add 3 more, you can rearrange so that your highest level accomplishments are under this category. They can either accept it or not (they say they won't penalize you for having things in the wrong section, not sure what happens if you have no more room in the proper sections).

Just curious, did your 3 entries in this section all fall under the same level of performance that would be comparable to provincial /national / Olympic-level athletic performance?

I'm wondering what I think OP is wondering - that is, do we just put what we feel to be higher-than-average level accomplishments, or do we put nothing short of Olympic level type things (my first thought of "Human Endeavour" was that it's reserved for achievements that are at the limit of what is humanly possible lol).

I guess if you're maxing out of things in the other categories but would still like to add 3 more, you can rearrange so that your highest level accomplishments are under this category. They can either accept it or not (they say they won't penalize you for having things in the wrong section, not sure what happens if you have no more room in the proper sections).

i thought my accomplishments were pretty good, not sure what the adcom would think, so i just put them down

Archived