Premed 101 Forums

verifiers...

hey,

i had listed cooking as a hobby of mine; just wondering what i should fill as the contact title for my friend who can attest to this... would something like this be appropriate?

Contact title: Friend (who occasionally eats my food)

or would something like this be frowned upon? i often have my friend over for dinner so she knows of my hobby.... but what should i say as contact title?

thanks

de

Hey guys,

For many of my verifies I only have their email. A few contacts told me that they dont want to be bothered my UBC calling them and another few dont have cell phones (ie i did a few construction jobs over the years and quite frankly most of them live pay cheque to pay cheque and only ever had pay as you go phones and those never worked).

Do you think I wont get full credit for not having cell AND email???

To be specific, its like 5-6 of my verifiers

Thanks!

Hey guys,

For many of my verifies I only have their email. A few contacts told me that they dont want to be bothered my UBC calling them and another few dont have cell phones (ie i did a few construction jobs over the years and quite frankly most of them live pay cheque to pay cheque and only ever had pay as you go phones and those never worked).

Thanks!

While they prefer to have both modes of contact, it is extremely unlikely that you will be penalized. As you stated, many verifiers do not wish to be contacted over the phone, and this preference should not and probably will not reflect upon the applicant.

Hey guys,

Thanks!

From the Help Guide:

"Contact Phone and Email: You must include one or the other, but please try to include both whenever possible. If your verifier does not use email, enter N/A in the email field."

Archived