Premed 101 Forums

Buspass,id card, instruments

Guest chushmy

Guest chushmy

Hi,

I was wondering whether U of A students get any discounts on buss passes, or whether they are included with tuition? Also, does anyone know if we can get our id cards issued before classes start (I'm new to U of A)?

Finally, are there any supplies/instruments that we should purchase for class (i.e. stethoscope, scrubs,etc.)? It didn't say anything about this in the registration package.

Thanks!:)

Chushmy

Guest summervirus

Hi there. From what I understand, UofA students are eligible to receive $5 off of the adult monthly bus pass (link here), paying $54 for your pass. I think you can get your ID card before school starts if you visit the OneCard office, which I believe is in CAB (which stands for Central Academic Building or something like that). But, it's easier to get your ID card during your first week here with your classmates because they'll have lots of booths set up in the Butterdome (school gym) to mass distribute ID's. You won't need to make any purchases until a few months down the road. You'll be offered discounts on these items if you buy them as a class.

Guest Koppertone

As the "co-treasurer" it's my job to set up the equipment sales... so expect stuff in mid October. You can look around for deals online, but I assure you that we can get you the best bang for your buck because of our group rates. (You don't need scrubs, they're supplied by the hospital).

Archived