Premed 101 Forums

When will the Waitlist start to move?

Guest Braveheart

Guest Braveheart

Hey Guys,

Do any of you know when the waiting list will start to move? I'm assuming that it will start moving after June 17 as that is the deadline they gave us to inform them that we still want to be kept on the waiting list.

Also, how will they inform us.... phone? mail?

Guest brandonitejr

Last year I received a call that I was accepted off the waitlist before I even received a waitlist letter (I think it was the end of May-1st week in June), so the waitlist starts moving right away. I'm guessing that they will inform you by phone followed by a letter a few days later.

Guest Braveheart

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted you all to know that brandonitejr was RIGHT! The waiting list does start to move right away! I received a call from UofA yesterday and I FINALLY got accepted!:rollin I received the phone call yesterday at about 3pm and am an in province 4yr+ applicant.

I hope many of you will come off the waitlist rollarcoaster ride soon too.

See you all at UofA soon!

Go UofA2009!

Guest summervirus

Hey, Braveheart! Congratulations! I know that you were really bummed out when you first found out that you had to wait... but the wait paid off! :) (I got in off the waiting list too so I know how it feels). Good luck to you and have a great summer!

Guest Braveheart

Hey UofA 2009!

You guys are so totally awesome!!! Thanks for all the congratulatory messages! Wow, I didn't expect there to be a flood of messages about it but it sure felt nice! Thanks to all (megs29, MDmmmsure, summervirus, MedAnxiety, apical meristems, happy2bme, 007, and scrubbed)!

Happy2bme- yes, I will call UofC ASAP! Hopefully you'll come off the waitlist!

007- which med school did you decide to accept (as I remember you saying that you declined UofA's offer). Good luck whereever you do go!

Scrubbed- again, sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you at UofA... make sure to apply next year.... I'll try to sign up to do interviews and help ya in.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at UofA in Aug! I hear that some of you are meeting at Tim Hortons next week... I'm still busy working till Aug... if you all are interested, we should all meet again prior to O-week. Let me know.

Guest TiBz88

Congrats to all of you on your acceptances. Just out of curiosity are you all in the 2nd/3rd year pool or the 4th/post undergrad pool???

Guest scrubbed

Hey there Braveheart,

Though difficult in that it was the last school that I heard from, U of T accepted me. I was quite happy that it worked out, and am looking forward to August!

All the best in Edmonton this year!

Guest mosquitoba

Hey everyone -

Congrats to those who were recently (and not-so-recently) accepted to U of A! It must feel great :) I've been browsing the U of A forum for a friend who is on the OOP waitlist (since I'm addicted to these boards anyway, I figured I'd just check it out for her!) ... just wondering if those recently accepted ex-waitlistees are OOP or IP, and if anyone happens to know how many people are on the OOP waitlist? I know U of C waitlisted *every* OOP applicant. So far it seems like the U of A waitlist is moving along at a steady pace, so I'm really hoping it gets to her. She'd be a fantastic addition to your class! :D Anyway, too bad your Tim's meeting didn't go as planned, but it was a cool idea! Sounds like you'll have a fun class!

Cheers

Mosquitoba

Guest Braveheart

Hey Scrubbed,

Congrats on making it into UofT! That is AWESOME! They have a great school and a great program there...

House, nice of you to join the UofA2009 party! Congratulations!

Mosquitoba, I got waitlisted as an IP 4+ year applicant. I think in another thread someone said that there were 25 people in the OOP waitlist but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Guest Tantalus

I was unable to answer my phone today but I got a message from Andrea to call her. I am hoping this is good news and that I will get off the waitlist soon.

Congratulations to everyone who has moved off the wailtist and good luck to those who haven't.

Archived