Premed 101 Forums

Should I apply to McMaster

Hi everyone,

I have called the admission office and asked about whether or not the students must carry a "full course load" each term and they responded that the amount of credits taken is not considered at all, even if it took someone 5 years to finish a 3 year program.

How does that sound to you? (I have not taken 5-5 courses)

If I have a cGPA of 3.97/4.00 and do reasonably well on Casper and get a VR of 10, do I have a chance to get an interview?

Without have taking full-course load, correct?

Thanks for your help!

You already called the admissions office... why are you asking me?

By the way, I'm assuming you're only applying to Mac? You should really try to take a full course load from now on so that you can expand your list of schools.

You already called the admissions office... why are you asking me?

By the way, I'm assuming you're only applying to Mac? You should really try to take a full course load from now on so that you can expand your list of schools.

I am still not clear on whats required and whats preferred. If I don't have a full-course load but have a higher GPA but lets say another person has a full-course load but a lower GPA, how would they choose that.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I have called the admission office and asked about whether or not the students must carry a "full course load" each term and they responded that the amount of credits taken is not considered at all, even if it took someone 5 years to finish a 3 year program.

-------------

I am still not clear on whats required and whats preferred. If I don't have a full-course load but have a higher GPA but lets say another person has a full-course load but a lower GPA, how would they choose that.

You kind of answered your own question. Full course load or not does not play into the formula - GPA does.

Archived