Premed 101 Forums

2nd/3rd Year Waitlist

Guest TiBz88

Guest TiBz88

Just thought I'd ask the stats (program, gpas, mcat score, extracurriculars) of the waitlisted people in the 2/3 year pool.

• 3 weeks later...

hey

i just got accepted off the 2nd/3rd yr waitlist

im a 2nd year app.

3.84 cum gpa and 3.84 prereq gpa 32O MCAT

the marks are suprising but the profile/interview/ref letters were solid

gluck

Guest TiBz88

Hey congrats to you!

Yeah my news wasn't so good....I just got rejected...

3rd year honors physl (prereq 3.95, cumulative 3.88, mcat 31Q, solid reference letters and profile, but questionable interview I guess:\ ). I'm assuming you are accepting your position, so have fun in med.

hey tibz,

I wonder if I know you. I just graduated honors physiology. anyways, you'll get in next year fer sure... out of 14 physiology graduates, 12 applied to med school, and all 12 got UofA interviews, and 7 got the deans silver medal for science, so we got a solid track record.

it seems that alot of 2nd years got accepted

i heard that usually only about 5 get accepted

i know of 8 2nd year applicants who got accepted so far including myself

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey,

Not sure of the exact number, or if it it public information, but there are somewhere around 20-25 spots reserved for 2/3rd year applicants each year...so it is not odd that you know of a few people who've been accepted with 2/3rd year standing.

Good luck to those of you waiting to hear!

Guest slypimpdip

Actually, this year there are fewer than 25 spots reserved for 2/3 year applicants, as there are 2-3 deferrals from last year. So I think the actual number of students who got in this year was 22. So you must know many of the students who got accepted!

Archived