Premed 101 Forums

Question banks

Just a heads up...

None of the question banks out there replicate the MCCQE exam. The level of detail asked on USMLE question banks is higher. Yet USMLE questions are more direct and easier to narrow down to one or two possible answers. The real MCCQE exam questions are much more ambiguous in its style of questions.

I mainly just used TNotes and USMLE first aid step 2. I did okay with that. I would regard the Qbanks as supplementary and not a must have.

Good thread, 2 questions:

1) Is the Canadaqbank any good? The "style of question" seems to be congruent with the vague examples posted on the MCCQE2 official site.

2) For the MCCQE2 is one better off actually "bulking" up on medical knowledge (as for the USMLE step 2) or instead, practicing common clinical scenarios (e.g. approach to uti, back pain, chest pain etc...).

Thanks!

Good thread, 2 questions:

1) Is the Canadaqbank any good? The "style of question" seems to be congruent with the vague examples posted on the MCCQE2 official site.

2) For the MCCQE2 is one better off actually "bulking" up on medical knowledge (as for the USMLE step 2) or instead, practicing common clinical scenarios (e.g. approach to uti, back pain, chest pain etc...).

Thanks!

I haven't done the MCCQE2 yet but if it's like any other OSCE like Step 2 CS then you really need to do #2. Focus on an approach to common presentations, have a good ddx and know what investigations are appropriate and a good treatment plan.

Archived