Premed 101 Forums

French exam

Guest genny

Guest genny

hmm.

i finally got a package today asking me to attend some french test, but i never got an accepted, rejected, waitlisted letter! Does this mean I got in? waitlisted? Or did everyone get it?

I'd appreciate some insight, did others receive an acceptance letter separately?

Thanks for any help...

Guest cutieyellow

The french exam means that you're either accepted or waitlisted. Did you check the status of your file on the net? The answers should be in already.

CY

Guest Spazumn

hi Genny,

Well I got the same package you did, with no news of whether I'm accepted/WL or rejected! I guess it's safe to assume the former. They should have sent you your UNIP by email way back when applications were submitted - I have mine but I have never tried to access my file until now (all those months I was trying to forget about med school to preserve my little remaining sanity), and now it tells me that my online account has expired. The same deal for Sherbrooke (although I know I was waitlisted there).

Anyway as I only got this letter after 5pm when I came home today I will have to wait until Monday to call them and try to find out what my status is. I'm quite nervous for this French test as it has been years since I've written in French and the 83% cutoff is daunting for the tough-looking exam. Kind of short notice for the Wednesday exam though! I also want to find out whether we can pay the $50 at the exam itself?

So much confusion! :o

Spaz

Guest allycat03

Hey Spuzman,

You know that you can actually score between 76-82 % on the laval test (first part) and as long as you get over 850 on the TFI test you still pass overall right. That's a good thing because the TFI test is easier! (It says so on top of package they sent you.) Don't worry you'll pass!

Guest genny

hey.

i got my acceptance letter expresspost this morning, finally, so that's that.

i'll be going to Mcgill anyway, so the waitlist will be moving...

good luck to all!!

genny

Archived