Premed 101 Forums

Thoughts on CASPer

It goes so fast it's hard to even tell how you're feeling about your answers during the test. I feel like I at least got something coherent down for every question and some of them I'm really happy with. But I do wish I had more time since there were a number of times I thought of a good point with 10 seconds left and couldn't get it all down. And in one question I somehow accidentally highlighted and deleted most of my answer. Rewriting it sucked up time so my other answer for that section probably wasn't so stellar.

Of course thinking back I've come up with points I wish I thought of at the time, but you're never going to have as great an answer in under 2 minutes as you would with time to reflect.

Anybody else have a lot of typos? I just didn't have time to correct them so if the word was readable, I just left it.

It kind of sucks to put all of this energy and thought into it andI not get to find out your results. Does anyone know why they don't tell us?

If you get an interview then whatever you got on CASPer no longer matters. It is not a part of your admission formula only interview formula...But I also would like to know how I did..like now. :D If you did poorly I guess it might be helpful to see how poorly and why you didn't get an interview.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you still seem in pretty good position..you IP? Im OOP soo..ugghh I need CASPer lol. I am quite a non-trad so a holistic approach is best for me...Queens? lol

yeah def. not an issue of lack of experiences.. wife, children, poverty, illness, death. I am a bank of experiences I can pull relatively quickly from:D ..need any? . I also am pretty good socially :P ...most people prob. feel this way though..I have always had an easy time talking to other students always that guy in class answering the questions and then staying to chat it up with the prof. I have some profs I got to know pretty well and I think I had some solid LOR's I did this before even knowing I was gonna need to cultivate relationships for LOR's. two reg. profs and one prof/research chair/my boss/honors supervisor.. this is gonna be a tough few months though. I was really nervous for today but I think it went OK.

Hey! For those of you who took the Casper on Wednesday..on the level of difficulty, how hard were the questions to answer in comparison to the 4 videos they gave us (not asking for content of course)? I thought the questions after the videos were quite difficult and required a lot of thinking and reflection for a good answer so was hoping maybe the other questions on Casper were easier since we only have 5min to think and write...nerves before taking Casper on Sunday!

Hey! For those of you who took the Casper on Wednesday..on the level of difficulty' date=' how hard were the questions to answer in comparison to the 4 videos they gave us (not asking for content of course)? I thought the questions after the videos were quite difficult and required a lot of thinking and reflection for a good answer so was hoping maybe the other questions on Casper were easier since we only have 5min to think and write...nerves before taking Casper on Sunday![/quote']

I'd say it was on the same level of difficulty. I found them a bit harder but I expected that anyways.

I'd say it was on the same level of difficulty. I found them a bit harder but I expected that anyways.

I also found them at about the same difficulty,for me the extra nerves didn't help. What made it different was nerves+ no time...I actually found the fast timing to help nerves as there was no time for it lol

just wondering... were you guys instructed to turn off firewalls or any antivirus stuff? i think i had heard that before, but haven't heard anything yet this year. also curious to see if it really even mattered, LOL.

edit: sorry. just got the e mail like 5 min ago explaining "yes".

I also found them at about the same difficulty,for me the extra nerves didn't help. What made it different was nerves+ no time...I actually found the fast timing to help nerves as there was no time for it lol

For me, for the most part, I found the sample videos questions harder than the ones on the day. I think there would probably be a large difference from person to person in terms of which questions they found more difficult because the amount of personal experience you have with the topic would likely influence how difficult you find it.

just wondering... were you guys instructed to turn off firewalls or any antivirus stuff? i think i had heard that before, but haven't heard anything yet this year. also curious to see if it really even mattered, LOL.

edit: sorry. just got the e mail like 5 min ago explaining "yes".

I hate that, and I don't see the need for it. I refuse to turn them off.

Is there anyone who didn't turn off firewalls/cookies etc. who had technical problems? Just wondering if it's something I should really do.

As for the time, I hear that people struggle with it every year. But hey, people still get in despite that, so I think you guys are fine :)

Are you allowed to pause the video while taking the actual Casper? I was able to during the sample videos

No, unlike the sample videos, in the real thing you cannot pause, replay, etc. I would recommend wearing headphones (I actually have the ones that block out noise which was nice but obviously not necessary). When I first listened to the sample videos without them I had a little trouble hearing but with them on the day I heard everything perfectly. Since you can't play it twice you want to make sure you hear it the first time.

Good luck!

If you're having technical difficulties and have to call the help desk, and the videos/timer keeps going... that'd definitely screw up your performance majorly (well for me at least... I don't think I can talk and think at the same time). I'm hoping nothing like that happens :/ If it does though, do they take it into consideration?

No, unlike the sample videos, in the real thing you cannot pause, replay, etc. I would recommend wearing headphones (I actually have the ones that block out noise which was nice but obviously not necessary). When I first listened to the sample videos without them I had a little trouble hearing but with them on the day I heard everything perfectly. Since you can't play it twice you want to make sure you hear it the first time.

Good luck!

Thank you!

Is there anyone who didn't turn off firewalls/cookies etc. who had technical problems? Just wondering if it's something I should really do.

As for the time, I hear that people struggle with it every year. But hey, people still get in despite that, so I think you guys are fine :)

You are mixing up things that are unrelated. Cookies are REQUIRED! Please don't turn them off. The firewall and antivirus are unnecessary for the functioning of casper, however, and that's why Mac asks you to turn them off.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will make tomorrow's test harder than the Wednesday one, to punish us for not being proactive. :o

What?? :eek: :eek:

Oh God why didn't I pick Wednesday ...

In all seriousness, I don't think that's true. Or at least, I hope not ... :(

lol def wouldn't happen. what about those who had simple scheduling conflicts?

IMO that is the vast minority of people taking tests tomorrow haha; us Sunday people have the unfair advantage of having 4 more days to prepare, and having no work/school stress, plus a whole Saturday to do R&R - it would be a miracle if the test will only be slightly more challenging.

Archived