Premed 101 Forums

Casper-bit of a lag

I can't speak to whether that's typical, but it didn't happen for me. If I were you I'd contact the help desk before you write. Then they can let you know if it's something to be concerned about and maybe help you to prevent it from happening during the actual test. Also, if it does happen during the exam it's documented that you tried to address it ahead of time. That may not make any difference whatsoever, but it can't hurt.

Good luck!

What I noticed during my pretest is that the videos successively increased in bit rate (quality). I think it started at 256kpbs, and maximized at either 1024 or 2048kpbs. Lag on successive videos means either your comp or your internet couldn't handle the high bandwidth.

I can't speak as to how that would play out in the test. It might also lag, or it might be smart and pick the right quality for your connection/comp.

Well yes, the videos in the pre-test get progressively higher in quality so I would assume they would take longer to load. They also did when I did the pre-test.

On my actual test on Wed, sometimes the videos were lagging. However, just wait for it to load and don't do anything. You won't lose any time.

It happened to me too... the later videos took longer to load before starting and also paused once or twice during. I tried different browsers and computers... no improvement. I was able to compete the pretest, but I called the helpdesk to be sure, and they asked me a couple things and said everything seems compatible and I "shouldn't" have any problems on test day... fingers crossed and gl to you too!

Well yes, the videos in the pre-test get progressively higher in quality so I would assume they would take longer to load. They also did when I did the pre-test.

On my actual test on Wed, sometimes the videos were lagging. However, just wait for it to load and don't do anything. You won't lose any time.

Hm..so the countdowns are only for out-of-video-playback durations (answering questions / break periods) is what you mean?

Archived