Premed 101 Forums

Canadian Friendly us pt schools

Does anyone know any canadian friendly pt schools? Also I noticed a lot of us pt schools require a crapload more courses as prerequisites compared to canada. Is that a 100% requirement or are they flexible for that in canada? Being a kinesiology student, we haven't taken courses such as general chem or general physics nor neuroscience in my program.

I'm not sure I understand your question entirely, but schools in the US and Canada have their own prerequisites and you have to meet either of them to get in. Looking at the lower-end US schools may enable you to get in with less prerequisites, but they're low-end for a reason. In Canada they're pretty much all at the same level and regarded as equal and don't need a lot of prerequisites compared to the US. If you don't want ANY prerequisites, the only one I know of in Canada is McGill. Everywhere else in North America needs courses.

I'm not sure I understand your question entirely, but schools in the US and Canada have their own prerequisites and you have to meet either of them to get in. Looking at the lower-end US schools may enable you to get in with less prerequisites, but they're low-end for a reason. In Canada they're pretty much all at the same level and regarded as equal and don't need a lot of prerequisites compared to the US. If you don't want ANY prerequisites, the only one I know of in Canada is McGill. Everywhere else in North America needs courses.

Basically I'm asking if anyone knows any us pt schools that accept canadians. I know a lot of state run universities don't accept international students. I was considering going down to somewhere warm like florida or california to do my pt degree but found out that they don't take international students. Also mcgill only gives you a bsc in pt, not a masters unless you complete an extra qualifying year at mcgill. I have all my prerequisites for canadian schools minus western's english credit, however I wanted to have some backup in case I didn't get in to any canadian univerities.

Archived