Premed 101 Forums

UBC Waitlist

Guest Dentist

Guest Dentist

Has anyone on UBC waitlist been given an acceptance offer lately? Just curious. I am pretty sure some of those who got in McGill said "good bye" to UBC.

anyone? BTW, is it possible for those completely rejected to get in later, around Aug or Sep? My friend got rejected, and he seems to be waiting for that last chance.

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Congratulations!!! You must be thrilled!

I'm sure you will find that Vancouver is an AWESOME city to study and live in!! :)

Guest YYCdentboi

The interview at McGill was not CDA-standardized - all personal questions. The UBC interview was standardized and had the typical questions outlined in some of the discussions on this board. As McGill was my first interview, I was more nervous than the UBC interview. The key is to be RELAXED and to be yourself!!!

Guest YYCdentboi

Hey depump! Congrats on your acceptance at UBC! I have my interview at U of A this coming up Saturday, so I think I will wait for my results before I make my FINAL decision. Nevertheless, I'm paying UBC's insane deposit amount :rolleyes

Guest depump

Kick some ass on the U of A interview! I heard it's a really chilled out interview up there (as opposed to their med gestapo approach). Give me a shout if you need any help, I was supposed to go yesterday, but already paid my $8200 for UBC. :rolleyes

Guest depump

Hey coilz,

I heard U of A is fairly chill with their interview b/c of the weight of it (it's fairly light; think it's 10%) and a friend of mine who got in last year said the interview was really like a conversation to get to know you a bit more. So my guess is, if you rocked the DAT and you got a decent GPA then you should go in pretty confident that you got yourself a seat! Good luck!

Guest depump

I guess by now people have seen I've been posting all day. Just had a quick question regarding a member here. I think I know who mwsung is...but haven't seen him post for awhile. If you are reading this....I think I met you at the UBC interview on Feb 7.

Anyways, just wanted to say good luck on the rest of the dent schools and good luck to all those being wait listed! It seems from what everyone's been saying on this forum that UBC has some negative aspects to it's dent school...so those accepted into UBC and accepted at other schools will most likely reject UBC offer. So.....the wait listed people will have an awesome chance at getting accepted! :rollin

Archived