Premed 101 Forums

Med-P Program admission from Cegep

Bella_613

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone got accepted to Med-P program at Mcgill this year 2012 from John Abbott Cegep. Also I would like to know if it matters which semester you enter in cegep to be admitted to the Med-P program. Does entering Cegep in Winter semester or Fall semester has an effect on your application to the Med-P program. I have read the information on the websites, but I feel it would be better to get information from students that have already been through this. I am coming from ontario but I was born in Quebec City. I really hope someone can provide me with more information. Thank you so much!!!!!!!:D:)

Thank you, for your reply.

I know this question has been probably asked many many times, but I would really appreciate it if someone can provide me more information. I am planning on attending Cegep in January 2013 and the more info I know the better.

Thank you in advance to anyonee who answer!!!!! Greatly appreciated :) :)

What if a person finishes there DEC in only 3 semesters instead of 4 without taking summer classes, can they still apply to the med-p program at mcgill.

Thanks guys!!!. Hopefully I can make it. And 5 admitted thats a tight competition.

Thanks again for the information:)

How are you going to finish a DEC in three semesters!? Unless I'm missing something, it seems that you are implying doing ~10 courses a semester? This is impossible, since it would involve you taking courses that you don't have the pre-reqs for (You can't take 102 or 103 english before 101, just like you can't take Physics NYB or NYC before you take Physics NYA).

Regardless, you only apply to Med-P after you have completed your first four semesters, so your last one can technically be more relaxing, so long as your the type of student who can pass without putting in effort.

They only accept people to start Winter classes, so your best bet would be to start CEGEP in a Winter session, then apply during your second fall session (4th semester, since applications are due March 1st of any given year).

I would try to find another source for that information about 5 JAC students getting accepted per semester. In 2007, they released a breakdown of how many students got accepted from each school, and JAC only had one. The most for english CEGEPS was Mari and Dawson.

I went to the open house info session about this as well and they had last years break down as well, I just can't recall what they said about the number accepted from JAC (it wasn't as high as five though). I have the lecture recorded on my phone, I can re-watch it to get you the information when I have the time!

Feversugar is correct: 5 students were accepted into McGill's Med-P program in fall 2011, as well as in fall 2012, for a total of 10. Additionally, one student was accepted into Dent-P in fall 2011 from John Abbott College. Let us not forget that 2007 was 5 years ago, and that any number of things can change during that time.

• 2 months later...

Archived