Premed 101 Forums

[Official] Applying to OT 2013!

As we get soooo close to when we hear back, I am really curious to know where everyone has applied and where they hope to get in!

In order of preference, I applied to: UofT, Dalhousie, McMaster and Queen's.

I did my undergrad in Industrial Design (haha, really not a traditional path to this...) and graduated in 2010. I've been working in the field for 3 years now but really do not find this line of work aligns well with me, so after a lot of thought, volunteering in the field, and completing some courses online I have decided to go for OT :) time for some life changes!!!

So anxious to hear back!!! I am pretty much banking on this to get myself back on a satisfying life track... If this doesn't happen for me my backup is to be crazy, quit my permanent job and go WWOOFing, hahaha.

Hey! I applied to McMaster, Queen's and Alberta. I didn't get an interview for Mac so it's down to Queen's or UofA.

I did my undergrad in Early Childhood Education and my final 240 hour placement at an infant development clinic working alongside many OT's. My back up is to take some online courses (bump my GPA) and try and get a job shadow with an OT in gerontology because I want to break out of my comfort zone of working with children and families :)

As we get soooo close to when we hear back, I am really curious to know where everyone has applied and where they hope to get in!

In order of preference, I applied to: UofT, Dalhousie, McMaster and Queen's.

I did my undergrad in Industrial Design (haha, really not a traditional path to this...) and graduated in 2010. I've been working in the field for 3 years now but really do not find this line of work aligns well with me, so after a lot of thought, volunteering in the field, and completing some courses online I have decided to go for OT :) time for some life changes!!!

So anxious to hear back!!! I am pretty much banking on this to get myself back on a satisfying life track... If this doesn't happen for me my backup is to be crazy, quit my permanent job and go WWOOFing, hahaha.

You have such a cool and unique background! Embrace it! I don't think there are any students in my class with a degree and work experience like yours. If you do get into UofT, you'll have quite the advantage in the technology and OT course. Expect to be the go to person for ideas from students and professors haha. Best of luck to you and everyone else who applied!

^ I figure it is going to either be a huge advantage or huge disadvantage in the admission selection process! I'm hoping for the advantage, haha.

Mhunte03: between queens and UofA, which would you prefer to attend? I know I am definitely at the point where I would go anywhere that wants to let me in!!! But in an ideal world where you get accepted everywhere, haha... My decisions for school preferences are based more so on location and the cities they are in more so than the schools themselves.

^ I figure it is going to either be a huge advantage or huge disadvantage in the admission selection process! I'm hoping for the advantage, haha.

Mhunte03: between queens and UofA, which would you prefer to attend? I know I am definitely at the point where I would go anywhere that wants to let me in!!! But in an ideal world where you get accepted everywhere, haha... My decisions for school preferences are based more so on location and the cities they are in more so than the schools themselves.

Queen's has been my number one choice from the start - so I've still got my fingers and toes tightly crossed. Good Luck to everyone :)

I've applied to all Ontario schools (including uOttawa) and have gotten accepted to uOttawa so far. No interview from Mac, but thats alright!

Queen's has always been up there for me, but I'm also not sure what my chances are of getting into U of T or Western. Its just a waiting game from here on! Three more weeks is right!

I did my undergrad in Human Kinetics (BA) at uOttawa (transferred from International Development), so I'd love the opportunity to go to another school and see what its like! :)

Good luck to everyone! :)

• 2 months later...

Archived