Premed 101 Forums

How's the job market in the US for surgery?

I know that in Canada, it's basically impossible to find a job in GS, ENT, PRS, cardiac surgery, and uro. Things aren't going to change anytime soon because admittance into these residency programs hasn't decreased.

How is the job market in the US for these specialties?

You're doing a fair bit of job market research lately. Are you prepping for next years' CaRms or something??

Gen Surg actually isn't that bad here in Canada, as far as I know. But you should add Ortho to that list. Thats all I had to add, not sure about the US market in any of those fields, sorry.

Depends on where in Canada. In Ontario it has been very tight as far as I know. Recent graduates are having a hard time finding staff positions and most are doing fellowships. But I imagine this will come around in the future, there is always demand for general surgeons.

In the US there is a lot of demand for surgeons still.

I know that in Canada, it's basically impossible to find a job in GS, ENT, PRS, cardiac surgery, and uro. Things aren't going to change anytime soon because admittance into these residency programs hasn't decreased.

How is the job market in the US for these specialties?

Smallprospect allies (Uro, ENT, plastics) tend to hire by word of mouth and references/electives. Hence, many jobs are set up without them ever being advertised.

Archived