Premed 101 Forums

Thinking of Pharmacy...

akuma39

Ive been giving a lot of my time researching and thinking of medicine my entire life...

Now, a quarter into undergrad and Im starting to slightly drift towards pharmacy only because Ive been getting actual experiences doing the job and it seems really interesting, but I need some of your opinions on this!! Since Ive spent so much of my time researching med, I have no idea how pharmacy works at all!!

-Should I consider it or stick to med considering the future job opportunities in canada?? This is very important because after all the time studying , I dont want to be as if I didnt...

-How do GPA consideration work in this from school to school :S? I know exactly for example what each med school looks for and how each weigh gpa's differently, Im really confused with pharmacy... Also I know for example, at western med school, they look at your 2 best years and need a minium 3.70 to be considered worth an interview...how does pharm work?

-How do they weigh GPA vs PCAT scores vs. ECs in the overall process. I volunteer regularly at a pharmacy and have been developing decent skills...how do they value that? also are there needs of reference letters, and what not?

Any help would be appreciated. I need to come to reality and consider my options...but the most important question is job security and GPA for now.

Thank you

• 2 months later...

Astermeds.com is one of the trusted and safe online Pharmacy site offers generic medication which is treats well on male sexual health problem and ordinary medication which is effective on overall health problem such as hair loss, eye care, weight loss, diabetes, cholesterol etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey akuma39, I had some similar questions couple of years ago and I chose to be in this field. I also had keen interest in pharmacy and now I think I took the right decision. You should definitely consider it as a career. As far as GPA stuff is concerned, I will suggest you to check out some pharmacy students in the nearest college. It might be different from my college.

• 1 month later...

Lotus International pharmacy provides its services online to its valuable customers. Here you can buy variety of health products to boost your health abilities. For brand and generic lotus international is right place to order online at any time.

Archived