Premed 101 Forums

Western admissions

Guest driller

Guest driller

hi all,

does anyone know when western sends out admission offers. Do people normally choose western over U of T--if they got into both?

Good luck to everyone!

Guest plugger

If I got into both I'd go to western. Too bad I didn't apply. I only had a half credit in physiology at the time and couldn't apply. Anyways if things don't work out with uofT this year I'll definitely apply to Western next year. The people and the school seem so much more bright than at UofT.....I'm not talking about grades here people. Western looks like a sweet deal. Oh I think I heard acceptances go out in July....Good luck driller.

Guest dentdent

i got into both western and U of T and i chose western cause it rocks! the people are more fun, the people are better looking (just joking), London is a hoppin place, and its just a beautiful campus. Plus, i didn't want to send those years in downtown toronto in an ugly grey building.

Guest DMXDMX

Does anyone know if the admission statistics posted on the Western website are for the first round of acceptances or for those who actually accepted an offer.

Guest driller

so.. western has in fact sent out a first round of offers? I spoke to the U of T people and they said that wait list positions will open up after western sends its offers at the end of this month. Have they done so? or is U of T lying.

Guest DMXDMX

I actually spoke to the admissions office at Western and the "admissions meeting" will take place sometime this week. Offers will then be sent out by the end of the week (I haven't heard anything as of Thursday) or early in the first week of July. It's been a long wait for me and I just want this uncertainty to end....unless I'm on the waiting list.....

what is the actual required GPA at these schools? Their brochures/websites indicate a minimum of 2.7ish. What's the real deal? Please clarify my people.

Archived