Premed 101 Forums

for all the McGill waitlisters...

Guest bicuspid

Guest bicuspid

I'm just wondering if anyone has been given something in writing as to their status on the waitlist. I was told by Patricia an approximate number but that was it. Does anyone know how the waitlist works? (ie. if you're an OOP, do you only move up if an OOP drops their spot, or if anyone does, regardless of province status?)

I've been trying to contact Patricia for a while now but she hasn't e-mailed me back.

I don't know exactly how the waitlist works, I think LestatZinnie has more accurate information. I emailed Patricia a few weeks back and she told me around where I am in the waitlist, but she couldn't tell me about my prospects for admission. What is the approximate number that Patricia gave you? Your position on the waitlist or how many people are on it? I wonder why she hasn't got back to you, cause she seems quite prompt with her responses...Anyone else on the waitlist heard anything yet?

Guest LestatZinnie

...sorry i don't know if there is only one wait-list or two wait-lists exist for in and out of province.

Patricia can be very slow with her responses at times. I'd say wait another week or two and if there is still no reply, call her at the office and politely enquire your situation.

best of luck!

Guest bicuspid

she told me a while back (before any of the in-province students were accepted) that were 40 people on the wait-list. I thought that was strange since 60 were invited and an average of 10 OOP are invited...so according to the math, what happened to the extra 10? I'm definitely not top five or near there. But I know a few people a couple of years back who applied and got rejected without an interview but then were given a spot during the summer (no interview or anything!)...so I'm still kind of hopeful though this is really frustrating.

I'm not really sure why she hasn't answered my e-mails...so I'm just here waiting. She had told me letters were sent out but I wasn't sure if she was talking about wait-list letters or not so I thought I'd check here since I didn't get anything. I just wish I knew how the waitlist worked...:(

Guest NOURA19

Yeah, I know how you people feel regarding not being well informed about our status with McGill.

I dont know about anyone else, but I just found out 2 weeks ago that I can check my status on the web via the Minerva system....you can get periodical updates regarding your waitlist position. MAN....why did they not tell us this in the beginning???...there I was, waiting, waiting, e-mailing the school and not getting any replies :rolleyes ....finally she answered her phone and she was like...You havent checked the Minerva system :eek ??????...

Anyways just thought I would let others know about the Minerva system...just incase anyone was in the dark like me!!

well good luck.....and lets just hope the wait list gets moving soon!!

Guest bicuspid

hmmm...

wow, I was totally in the dark about that one!!!

I have a question though...I logged onto the Minerva system and it doesn't say anything about my status...just says "ready for review"...am I checking the right area???

sigh....getting tired of all of this!:(

Guest Dentist

Why can't we, Canadians, have a better admission system? Though we don't have that many dental schools compared to US, wouldn't it be good to have something like AADSAS in Canada too? And infosource kind of web system that you can check your status...

If CDA & dental schools come up with a consistent admission system, the same throughout all Can dental schools, it would ROCK!

Guest per te

bicuspid,

i believe you are looking at the right place, under "application status" above your name and address?

But I guess if it says ready for review, they haven't really updated that for you yet. but i think that's where it would be if your status has been updated

~*per te*~

Guest mmboy

Thanks for the tip on looking on Minerva....i had no idea....

It says waiting list for me....but it also says a number there....does this mean my spot on the list (i hope not!!!)

can anyone else confirm this???

Thanks

Guest Kicoati

I think that number is indicating application status. For example, 01 means accepted, 02 means accepted with condiction, etc. If you click help on the top right of the page, there will be an explanation.

Guest denthopeful

thanks for posting that you can check on minerva... I was waiting forever too...

I had "ready for review" too..... I've been afraid to call them/e-mail them for my rank...

thanks a lot guys!

Archived