Premed 101 Forums

How should I prepare for the UWO interview?

Guest mmboy

Guest mmboy

Hi guys,

I'm new here and I just want to say thanks for all your help and tips...it's been really helping me out...

I just got my interview invite at UWO and I've never had a CDA style interview.....so how should i prepare for it?

any website, books....would be helpful?

and what type of scenarios should i think of????

Thanks for your help,

mmboy

Guest DentGirl2004

Something that I found helpful was to review my resume and make a list of experiences that I have had working indvidually and working in groups and then figuring out the challenges and successes that came from each experience. If you can recall personal experiences in your interview and relate them to the hypothetical situation they are asking you about, I find it can really strengthen you answer!

That's just one way to prepare. Like Saint Seiya said, there are tons of other good tips on this website so take a look and see what will work best for you!

Good luck!

:)

It is entirely situational question, if you can make reference how you handle that type of situation feels free to refer to your past experience, it always help. Even better, if you done something in the past that is wrong, and identified the downfall of the situation and ways to remediate the problem from reoccuring in the future that is even better!

Good Luck

Guest Kicoati

Hi koft,

I am so happy that a UWO dent student is here. I have a question that is sort of off topic here but it is bothering me and making me more nervous about the upcoming interview.

Trish emphasized that a 19 on DAT reading is considered competitive. What do you think my chances of getting accepted are if I only have a 17? Do I need a superb interview score in order to stand a chance? (I did well on other parts of the DAT and have around 86% in best two years of undergrad).

Also, how is the evaluation broken down ie, how much is each of GPA, DAT and interview weighted?

Thanks a bundle. Anyone else with any opinion please post too. :)

Ki :)

Well, look at the statistics of this year class posted on the website. Historically, you had to have 19 on reading to be considered, but I think they have changed this approach, as long as you have a composite score of over a certain number, I think 85 (don't quote me on that). Your average should considered to be competitive. Yet, a good interview never hurts. =) I cannot tell you what percentage of each component is worth. Sorry couldn't been much help.

Good Luck

Archived