Premed 101 Forums

I got a UWO interview

Guest Kicoati

Guest Kicoati

Finally, after all that waiting... :rollin

My interview will be on April 25.

Cheers,

Ki

(Anyone knows how many they will interview?)

Hi Guys! Congrats on your interview!!

Do you have any idea how Western's interview Questions will compare to U of T's? Do they use the same style of interview?

Guest WesternManiac

Hahahaha...way to go Dentist!!!!!!!!!! 10/10 :lol ....

now..LestatZinnie (if you are not sure that this was not a stupid question, then it means u got an issue!!!) :rollin

Therefore, u also get 10/10...8o

Guest per te

hello~~

i was getting pretty worried there, i've been checking my email all day. i saw trish today and she said people who got invites on friday are from out-of-province, since they need more notice for travel arrangements, and that those interviews are scheduled, in general, for sunday.

also, last year UofT and UWO used the same CDA questions (well obviously not everyone had all of the exact same questions) but this year they'll be sure not to do that again...

lol, the physiology prereq question is not stupid... i heard that you might not need to have taken physiology if you can challenge an exam, maybe during the summer, but you should check with them.

anyways, good luck everyone!

~*per te*~

Guest Kicoati

Hey per te,

Do you know what they mean by "they'll sure not to do that again"? Do they mean they will not ask all CDA questions so it will be more like the McGill interview style with some personal questions?

Guest per te

Hi Kicoati

No, they will still be using the CDA format with CDA questions. I was just told that last year, the questions used for the two schools were so similar, more similar than other schools using the CDA interview style ie UBC ... but I don't know the specifics about it (why, how many questions etc) ... so they found that students interviewed at both schools had an advantage over those that just went to Western's interview.

I can't remember where the website is... someone posted interview questions from UofT last year and when I read them, I recognized many questions from my Western interview from last year. If I find it, I'll post it unless someone else can.

I don't know if this is very helpful... I'm sure if you call Western, they can tell you more about it. :)

~*per te*~

Guest NOURA19

hey, Just called UWO and they said they are still in the process of sending out interview invitations and anticipate to to done by the end of this week....

so dont give up hope people....:D

(a little hint: for all of you who cant wait till the end of the week....you can call and ask if you got an interview or not, just incase your invite went to your junk mail and you **accidently** deleted it ;) ...)

I guess the physio exam is something new that I don't even really know. For the interview, it is entire situational questions (same as the UT type), sometime you might get the same questions. Good luck to all of you. Maybe I will be giving some of you tours that weekend.

Archived