Premed 101 Forums

Friday status change confirmation

Can we confirm whether people's status changes were in fact accurate with rejections sent out today?

For example, my app status changed to 'you have not been invited for an interview' on friday, I never had an interview tab, and I got a rejection email today saying I did not meet the cutoffs (OOP)(VR: 13, GPA: 3.81).

Can we confirm whether people's status changes were in fact accurate with rejections sent out today?

For example, my app status changed to 'you have not been invited for an interview' on friday, I never had an interview tab, and I got a rejection email today saying I did not meet the cutoffs (OOP)(VR: 13, GPA: 3.81).

It seems likely those "early" notifications on Thursday and Friday were due to applicants not meeting the cut-off. They perhaps closed the file early and you automatically received an interview tab on your system before the official email.

This was suprising and dissapointing based on the numbers in Dr. Walker's blog, I thought I had a decent shot (GPA=3.98, VR=9). I had interviewed there last year as well. Hmm maybe there is just some stiff OOP competition this year.

agreed.. i thought i *might* stand a small chance with GPA=3.94 and VR=8 - but i am in the OOP so its not extremely competitive. good luck to everyone else!

This was suprising and dissapointing based on the numbers in Dr. Walker's blog, I thought I had a decent shot (GPA=3.98, VR=9). I had interviewed there last year as well. Hmm maybe there is just some stiff OOP competition this year.

It seems like it. I'm also OOP with a 3.96 GPA and VR of 9. Apparently last year that was enough for a full file review - But the rejection email came out this morning.

Yeah man, it's super competitive. I had a 3.81 and 13 as well, and didn't get nowheres.

i think once calgary released that stat about the min VR and GPA combo for OOP, many applicants who had lower than listed did not or were discourage to apply and all the strong applicants who first believed they had slim chance, are now applying.

Archived