Premed 101 Forums

Tell us why you think that you will be a good fit for our program?

nobody

Hey guys,

One of the questions that I have encountered during interviews thus far is the "Why do you think that you will be a good fit for our program?" I believe I have a strong answer for why I stand out among candidates but I'm not sure how to answer this question best.

Any input would be very helpful.

Hey guys,

One of the questions that I have encountered during interviews thus far is the "Why do you think that you will be a good fit for our program?" I believe I have a strong answer for why I stand out among candidates but I'm not sure how to answer this question best.

Any input would be very helpful.

I'm of the opinion that no one can help to give you a good answer to his question. Answers depend on the individual and the program in question. It requires (a) that you know something about the program, (B) that you know what you want in a residency program and © you've actually thought about this prior to applying/ interviewing.

All this question really is, is a disguised tell me about yourself question.

Just highlight how your strengths are assists to a program.

If you get asked this question it is a gift. It gives you control to take the interview in any direction which suits you. It certainly should be one you spend some time reflecting on as I think it is safe to assume you are expected to ace this one.

Archived