Premed 101 Forums

supplementary application

I am very interested in the PA program. However, my problem is that, most of my volunteer experiences are regarding physiotherapy. So if I were to answer the first question, which is "Discuss a personal experience that has shaped the person that you are", would it be seen as a bad thing if I listed my experience at a physiotherapy clinic? Hope someone could answer my concerns thanks!

A personal experience could be anything, not necessarily related to being a physician assistant or healthcare at all. It could be something personal, family-related, school-related, experience-related, it doesn't matter. If doing work in physiotherapy has changed you as a person and really given you a good sense of who you are today, then use that. From my understanding, they are looking for any life experience that has changed you as a person (so to be more cautious, more considerate of others, more interested in a certain healthcare field, found your purpose, etc.)

Make sure you answer the question that is being asked as opposed to the question you think they are implicitly asking. Like AP has mentioned... if your experience at that clinic profoundly changed your life trajectory (and thus answers the question), then yes, use that as an example.

Archived